My best friend is coming to town in just days. This only happens once a year.
I don’t normally have company and I expect we’ll need to eat at some point… and being a good hostess — I’m suspecting I should have something in my fridge for my guest.
Isn’t that what’s expected of a good hostess? Isn’t that what we’re taught as women? I should be able to offer my guests whatever they need. Coffee, milk, an array of sweeteners… food.
And that’s going to be the problem.
No, not the coffee & sweeteners… but the milk and food. We’re talking ANY food. I can’t exactly treat her to hot sauce. Because I could – and that’s about it. At this point, I could whip her up:
- a Bloody Mary with some of the best organic vodka…
- or a cup of coffee…
- or a martini — but without the gin or olives. So really it would just be vodka on ice… which is fine for me, but some people prefer a martini with gin and a little olive juice.
- I could also make a MEAN glass of Crystal Light – in an array of flavors.
- There’s always the GNC chocolate protein shake… or the Trader Joe’s vanilla soy shake… yummm… now if that doesn’t say hospitality.
- If we get really crazy, there’s the GNC chocolate protein shake blended with vanilla Svedka… oh so good.
So basically, I currently own: vodka, hot sauce, lime juice, tomato juice, sugar-free Red Bull, protein shake powder and ice.
Logging onto Peapod.com now. She only comes in town once a year… and I’d like Jenn to come back.